My take on a splitfire kx 2016 kx250f retro mod

kxpete
8/7/2017 5:52pm
Where are you racing at on Saturday? Im in fallbrook CA and am always looking for races to attend.
But check online for new race time i think they bumped race start to 1pm
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
8/8/2017 7:21am
kxpete wrote:
Thanks for all the positive comments guys been collecting parts for a while , still waiting on a few ...only shitty thing about this build is...
Thanks for all the positive comments guys been collecting parts for a while , still waiting on a few ...only shitty thing about this build is that im being rushed ...have a race this coming saturday with alot left to do ...the biggest thing getting it programed and tuned on the dyno which also requires me to get a custom header with an o2 bung welded on it...and with work all week long .....crossing my fingers
What pipe are you using? Assuming PC?

Who's doing the dyno work? Have you thought about asking PC if they have one you can borrow?
8/8/2017 8:14am
kxpete wrote:
But check online for new race time i think they bumped race start to 1pm
Oh cool, I'll be there. I thought I still had another week until that race. I guess they will run four wheelers first and then prep it for bikes later. It keeps showing up on my Facebook.
kxpete
8/8/2017 8:41am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2017 8:42am
kxpete wrote:
Thanks for all the positive comments guys been collecting parts for a while , still waiting on a few ...only shitty thing about this build is...
Thanks for all the positive comments guys been collecting parts for a while , still waiting on a few ...only shitty thing about this build is that im being rushed ...have a race this coming saturday with alot left to do ...the biggest thing getting it programed and tuned on the dyno which also requires me to get a custom header with an o2 bung welded on it...and with work all week long .....crossing my fingers

Who's doing the dyno work? Have you thought about asking PC if they have one you can borrow?
I've called them four times about getting a header made with a bung , i cant even get a call back let alone an answer.....feeling really let down with p.c. over the years ive spent quite a bit of money there for someone who's not a pro or even races that much , i dont get any deal or discount there either which is fine because they make a great product so i dont mind paying for it ...but the customer service for the little guy just isn't there lately major bummer and I've heard that from multiple people as well

The Shop

8/8/2017 12:08pm
kxpete wrote:
I've called them four times about getting a header made with a bung , i cant even get a call back let alone an answer.....feeling really...
I've called them four times about getting a header made with a bung , i cant even get a call back let alone an answer.....feeling really let down with p.c. over the years ive spent quite a bit of money there for someone who's not a pro or even races that much , i dont get any deal or discount there either which is fine because they make a great product so i dont mind paying for it ...but the customer service for the little guy just isn't there lately major bummer and I've heard that from multiple people as well
I don't mean to discredit any of your experience with pc, but I was in the corona area on vacation and called pc about a tour and they had one of the people at the front desk take me on around the entire facility, and it seemed that they couldn't do enough for the average rider.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
8/8/2017 12:15pm
kxpete wrote:

kxpete wrote:
I've called them four times about getting a header made with a bung , i cant even get a call back let alone an answer.....feeling really...
Try Twisted Development in Murrieta. They have a dyno and a bunch of pipes with bungs there. I'd recommend them do your mapping. They do a great job.
http://www.td-racing.com
8/8/2017 12:46pm
Check your PM for a contact person at PC you might be able to help you.
kxpete
8/11/2017 1:34pm

kxpete wrote:
Try Twisted Development in Murrieta. They have a dyno and a bunch of pipes with bungs there. I'd recommend them do your mapping. They do a...
Try Twisted Development in Murrieta. They have a dyno and a bunch of pipes with bungs there. I'd recommend them do your mapping. They do a great job.
http://www.td-racing.com
Yes glad you mentioned them someone else had reffered me to them as well , them seem very reputable
kxpete
8/11/2017 8:18pm
Do you think you will have the bike ready for Pala tomorrow?
No super bummer , but i got a kx450 im prepping now for tomorrow
8/11/2017 9:28pm
kxpete wrote:
Darn. Ill be there in the plus 30 slow class. I hope to see you out there. I was just cruising the plus 30 novice and saw a guy named Pete on a Kawasaki. Is that you?
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
8/12/2017 6:01am
I haven't had the best experiences with PC either. I sent my motor to them to be rebuilt for my splitfire 125 and while they did get it done, the impression they left on me was that it was beneath them to do it. I think I wrote about this in my splitfire build thread. I ended up taking the suspension for that bike to Enzo because of that and the same for the suspension on my Plano bike. I did go to Pro Circuit in June while visiting family in LA and the lady behind the desk was nice and I'm still buying PC stuff as I can't totally shake off the fanboy inside me but I take my motors and suspension work elswhere now.

I don't want to derail the build thread but I thought it was interesting to read what you wrote about your experience.
kxpete
8/15/2017 11:30pm
kxpete wrote:
Darn. Ill be there in the plus 30 slow class. I hope to see you out there. I was just cruising the plus 30 novice and...
Darn. Ill be there in the plus 30 slow class. I hope to see you out there. I was just cruising the plus 30 novice and saw a guy named Pete on a Kawasaki. Is that you?
Yup thats prob. Me was running #769
kxpete
9/27/2017 12:57pm
Finally finished the bike and got to go ride it yesterday

kxpete
9/27/2017 12:59pm
And to top it off mcgrath shows up to pala for some photo shoot and i got him to sign my mcgrath replica helmet i got just the day before ....it was a pretty rad day
RABnasty
9/27/2017 2:09pm
That is badass! Great build and that helmet will be worth a lot someday! Cheers

Post a reply to: My take on a splitfire kx 2016 kx250f retro mod

The Latest