Alumiprep 33

bronwynrayne
Anyone used this on their cases or frame?
|
newmann
1/26/2017 6:43pm
Works well on extruded frame spars and billet components. Cast engine cases and hubs not so well. The porous castings will turn a dark dirty color. It's a phosphoric acid as found in a lot of aluminum wheel cleaning products. It will discolor the zinc plating on bolts spokes and won't do you any favors on anodized surfaces so be careful how you apply it.

Worked well on the frame with gray scotch brite (600 grit)

I used it on the engine to get some serious funk off of it and then had some scotch brite scrubbing to get it back to this point. You can still see the dark discoloration.

JW381
1/27/2017 7:09am
newmann wrote:
Works well on extruded frame spars and billet components. Cast engine cases and hubs not so well. The porous castings will turn a dark dirty color...
Works well on extruded frame spars and billet components. Cast engine cases and hubs not so well. The porous castings will turn a dark dirty color. It's a phosphoric acid as found in a lot of aluminum wheel cleaning products. It will discolor the zinc plating on bolts spokes and won't do you any favors on anodized surfaces so be careful how you apply it.

Worked well on the frame with gray scotch brite (600 grit)

I used it on the engine to get some serious funk off of it and then had some scotch brite scrubbing to get it back to this point. You can still see the dark discoloration.

I like your motor of choice Wink

Post a reply to: Alumiprep 33

The Latest