2017 sx 250

Goulding
Edited Date/Time 5/6/2017 11:40am
This is going to be a slow build process but I figured I would document it here for you guys. I picked up my bike today and I took it in the crate for a couple of diffrent reasons. The main one is the dealer don't have a mechanic doing the pdi's but they have a young fella just out of high school doing it and the second was I was going to tear it down right away to grease it. So my plan with the bike is to keep it pretty simple, fmf pipe, new graphics, and maybe some new wheels. I started with the front end today and was surprised that the upper steering stem bearing was well greased but the bottom was almost dry. Here are some pics. Please do not criticize my bucket as I forgot my stand at home

|
sandman768
1/7/2017 3:08pm
You greasin that thing near the paint booth? Fish eyes
Goulding
1/7/2017 3:26pm
sandman768 wrote:
You greasin that thing near the paint booth? Fish eyes
No paint booth is separate area of the building.
Brent
1/8/2017 6:03pm
You guys who can buy them crated are lucky, unless you are an insider you can never get one like that in California, dealer wants his $300.00 PDI money...
LeMay_848
1/8/2017 10:04pm
I asked two dealers when buying my 17 ktm to receive it in the crate, both looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. One said it's required they assemble it, truth or not who knows.

The Shop

Goulding
1/9/2017 7:37am
Ya I fluked into them letting me take it in the crate. I had to take it on a Saturday so the service manager didn't see it.
Ktm 5
1/9/2017 10:05am
LeMay_848 wrote:
I asked two dealers when buying my 17 ktm to receive it in the crate, both looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language...
I asked two dealers when buying my 17 ktm to receive it in the crate, both looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. One said it's required they assemble it, truth or not who knows.
Yea they are not suppose to let them go in the crate. I forget the reason but something to do with unlocking the bike for warranty issues
Goulding
1/9/2017 12:24pm
I have that same frame machine.
what a complete waste of money that thing is (when you have a full chief rack 30 feet down anyways). Only thing that is good for it taking the bike out of the truck.
1/10/2017 7:40pm
I have that same frame machine.
Goulding wrote:
what a complete waste of money that thing is (when you have a full chief rack 30 feet down anyways). Only thing that is good for...
what a complete waste of money that thing is (when you have a full chief rack 30 feet down anyways). Only thing that is good for it taking the bike out of the truck.
Ive never tried that but its a good idea lol. There good for little tugs but other then that its just an expensive lift.
Goulding
1/19/2017 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 6:25pm
Sorry for the delay is posting back. I ended up finishing the bike but got no pictures of the process. The mrs was rushing me. Picked up some goodies to now just got to figure out what plastic. Orange or flo orange?
1/23/2017 1:50pm
LeMay_848 wrote:
I asked two dealers when buying my 17 ktm to receive it in the crate, both looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language...
Ktm 5 wrote:
Yea they are not suppose to let them go in the crate. I forget the reason but something to do with unlocking the bike for warranty...
Yea they are not suppose to let them go in the crate. I forget the reason but something to do with unlocking the bike for warranty issues
Most mx bikes do not come with any warranty anyways. But here in Canada, KTM is good for 30 days.

KTM Warranty in CANADA is as follows: The warranty applies only if the motorcycle has been operated and maintained in accordance with the owner’s manual or other KTM literature delivered with the motorcycle. This warranty is void if the
OWNER’S REGISTRATION/PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION FORM has not been completed in full and entered into KTM
Dealer.Net within 24 hrs. of purchase by the original purchaser.

Most times it is the dealer not wanting an argument from both corporate and the customer if you happen to break it after assembling it yourself.
Bruce372
1/23/2017 7:02pm
Of the 5 new bikes I've bought, I am yet to receive one with the front wheel bolted on properly.

Just out of interest, does it ship with the fork stickers on? My new husky had one fork sticker upside down lol.....at least the lug bolts were tight and the axle spacers were on right
Goulding
1/24/2017 12:14pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Of the 5 new bikes I've bought, I am yet to receive one with the front wheel bolted on properly. Just out of interest, does it...
Of the 5 new bikes I've bought, I am yet to receive one with the front wheel bolted on properly.

Just out of interest, does it ship with the fork stickers on? My new husky had one fork sticker upside down lol.....at least the lug bolts were tight and the axle spacers were on right
No the stickers are done by the dealer. That is one of the main reasons why I wanted my bike in the crate, I do no trust the people that out them together. They are not mechanics but kids just out of high school.
Goulding
1/29/2017 11:11am
What's every ones opinion? Flo orange or Ktm orange plastics with the orange brigade graphics?
K-dubbb
1/29/2017 2:51pm
Those graphics you posted above^

Orange plastics, blue Ktm FE Power Parts seat cover.....That's what I would do Smile
Goulding
1/29/2017 5:37pm
K-dubbb wrote:
Those graphics you posted above^

Orange plastics, blue Ktm FE Power Parts seat cover.....That's what I would do Smile
That's what I was thinking to. But I also like flo just didn't know how it would look. Was also thinking about ordering a motoseat cover navy with orange ribs. Half the price just don't know about quality.
wsc96
Fantasy
451st
1/29/2017 5:46pm
Goulding wrote:
That's what I was thinking to. But I also like flo just didn't know how it would look. Was also thinking about ordering a motoseat cover...
That's what I was thinking to. But I also like flo just didn't know how it would look. Was also thinking about ordering a motoseat cover navy with orange ribs. Half the price just don't know about quality.
I've got a couple of the motoseat covers and quality has been fine. Easy to deal with those guys too.
1/29/2017 5:51pm
The bike on the left is flo orange. The other two are regular orange. The flo looks crazy in person but those graphics wouldnt match much at all.

Ktm 5
1/31/2017 11:41pm
My vote is for ktm orange
Goulding
2/25/2017 2:15pm
Can someone point me in the direction for some orange brigade back grounds at a good price? I emailed decal works and they wanted $120 american by the time they land at my house in Canada with the conversion it's almost $200.00. A bit to much for some numbers.
Motofinne
2/25/2017 10:17pm
Goulding wrote:
Can someone point me in the direction for some orange brigade back grounds at a good price? I emailed decal works and they wanted $120 american...
Can someone point me in the direction for some orange brigade back grounds at a good price? I emailed decal works and they wanted $120 american by the time they land at my house in Canada with the conversion it's almost $200.00. A bit to much for some numbers.
I'm sure that any graphics company can make a set for you. I would contact some company in Canada and ask them to make a set!

120 dollars for numbers sounds crazy.
2/26/2017 9:29pm
Goulding wrote:
Can someone point me in the direction for some orange brigade back grounds at a good price? I emailed decal works and they wanted $120 american...
LB graphics is heavily involved in the ontario mx scene and does custom work.
You will need to call them as the website is a little outdated.
http://www.lbgraphics.ca/gal_motgraphics.asp
K-dubbb
2/27/2017 6:08am
Goulding wrote:
LB graphics is heavily involved in the ontario mx scene and does custom work. You will need to call them as the website is a little...
LB graphics is heavily involved in the ontario mx scene and does custom work.
You will need to call them as the website is a little outdated.
http://www.lbgraphics.ca/gal_motgraphics.asp
Let us know how you make out with these guys.......I see you're in NFLD!

E-Sticky in Quebec has backgrounds for $55 I think, check it out. http://www.e-stickygraphics.com
Goulding
5/6/2017 3:20am

Been a while since my last update. Here is the finished product. One thing I couldn't get over
Is the size of the fmf silencer vs the factory one. Got 3.8 hours on the bike so far and am loving it so far!
opyguy
5/6/2017 6:27am
New silencer change anything power wise?
Goulding
5/6/2017 11:40am
opyguy wrote:
New silencer change anything power wise?
Wouldn't be able to tell you. Never started the bike with the stock silencer.

Post a reply to: 2017 sx 250

The Latest